Hello guys, following Tuesday’s Booth Chat VO workout, in which we tried the new structure, a few of us stayed behind afterwards to discuss how it went and to see if there was any room for improvements. It was a really interesting and helpful discussion (thank you to those who got involved) and I think we were able to take a few more steps towards creating an even better structure for the sessions!
Below is a summary of how we intend to structure the sessions from now on (it might take a while to get used to but we think it has potential)…
- A 1 hour session each week
- Anyone can attend whether they read or not, you do not need to let me know if you’re coming but of course it does help 😉
- The first 5 minutes will be a meet and greet
- I will ask for a show of hands to see how many want to read (there will be a maximum of 9 reading spots available)
- We’ll use the alphabet to select who reads from the attendees with raised hands and divide the remaining time accordingly (I’m hoping to use a Zoom timer that we can all see)
- 9 readers will have 6 minutes to read/feedback/read again
- 8 readers will have 7 minutes to read/feedback/read again
- 7 readers will have 8 minutes to read/feedback/read again
- 6 readers or less probably won’t require a timer
- The next session will start on the letter of the alphabet that we finished on the week before, and the process starts again.
- Obviously the one drawback is that there’s the possibility that you won’t get to read, but I think it’s slim and the following week you definitely will!
This might all sound insanely complicated but I have faith that it’ll solve all the problems we’ve been trying to work on! Feel free to contact me privately to discuss it further, or leave a question or comment in the comments section below.